Google ads campaign is cost-effective and suitable for all sizes of businesses. When the users search for something that catches on your keywords, therefore your ads pop up above organic search results.
Google ads offer flexibility, and transparency and you can customize them at any time. You can attract your business products to customers by using the correct keywords in Google search.
However, measuring the performance of Google ads campaigns is important to know, especially for eCommerce marketing.
There are many metrics of Google ads and it is quite tough to understand which creates a great impact on your campaign. When you need help you can talk to a google ads expert. In this article, all key metrics will be cleared if you read how to measure the success of Google ads campaigns in Bangladesh.
And by learning from this content, you can save your money and bring potential customers to your business successfully.
So ready to measure the growth of your business, with the power of Google ad words campaigns.
How Does Google Ads work?
There are two types of Google Adwords:
- Search Network
- Display Network
1. Search Network: When the users search something on the search results that match your keywords, and therefore your ads appear on top or bottom of the search engine. In this search network, your ads will be available in Google play, apps, maps, shopping, websites, search result pages, and many more applications.
2. Display Network: It works by tracking the user’s website visits. That means display ads come to the target audience through cookies and data. Suppose you are searching for content and based on the topic, the ads will be visible after a search. The ads can be image or text ads.
What are the well-known Google Ads terms?
Before starting Google ads, you need to know Google ads terms. Let’s introduce these terms.
Ad extensions improve your brand value and you can create an impression on the search results. Your product info is conveyed in the ad descriptions. Know the types of extensions:
- Site link Extensions: In your ad, if you want to add more links to your website, then you can use site link extensions.
- Call Extensions: By adding it you can get calls from the users easily.
- Callout Extensions: In a word, callout extensions are used under the story of the ad.
- Location Extensions: It informs the users about your business address, phone number, and map together with your ad text.
- Structured Snippets: These emphasize your particular products and services.
- Price Extensions: It shows the products when the users search for them.
- Message Extensions: By adding this users can send messages through the website buttons.
- Promotion Extensions: These point to the special offers of the products.
- Affiliate location Extensions: These inform the users about your products that can be found at their nearest shop.
- App Extensions: You can see ads in your downloaded apps
- Image Extensions: On the search engine result page, you can see simple photos beside the text.
- Lead Form Extension: From the mobile search results, peer group ads appear in the people.
After creating the Google Ad account, you can make a plan and fix your budget for running the campaign.
Know the types of campaigns, which you prefer to fix for your business ad.
- App campaigns
- Google Shopping
- Video campaigns
- Display network
- Search network
Fix your budget, and how much you want to pay for your ads.
It can control one or more ads but focus on similar targets. By maintaining the concept, you can use ad groups to run your Google ads.
Where your ads will appear on a page that is decided by the ad rank. It is always making a plan for where your ad is suitable to look.
It sets your ad’s bid based on the conversion or clicks results. Know the different types of bid strategy options:
- Cost-per-click bidding strategy: Based on the click you need to pay and it helps to increase your conversions and website traffic.
- vCPM (Impressions) bidding strategy: To get 1,000 impressions, you need to pay and this helps to improve your branding.
- CPV (cost per viewer): for your video ads you can apply this strategy and you have to pay per view.
- Target CPA (cost per action): If you want to get more conversions to apply a cost per action.
- ECPC (enhance cost per click): when you need to increase the conversation rate, use it that controls your bids manually.
- Maximize clicks: You can get maximum clicks based on your budget.
- Maximize Conversions: To get more conversions from your campaign use this strategy.
- Target search page location: You see your page on the top of the search result, apply this strategy.
- Manual CPC: Manually you can control your campaign to get more cost per click.
- Target impression share: This makes the strategy so that users can see your page at the top when they search on Google.
- Target outranking share: This strategy creates a secure way so you can target your competitors and make your result higher than theirs.
- Target ROAS: This strategy helps you to get the ROI that you invest for your Google ads.
For eCommerce, keywords are important to make Google ads and if you can’t apply the correct keywords, it is difficult to reach your target audience.
It plays a vital role in your Ad campaign. It helps you to decide when and where your ads will appear. Your ad score is measured from 1-10 and if you apply relevant keywords and your landing page works well, that means your ad belongs to the high-quality score.
Your customers can visit your home page, and see the products and landing page while they click your ads. Though the users can’t see the URL in your ad.
For Google ad campaigns you need text. This text needs to be selected based on the type of your campaign.
In your ad, you just add your website address so that your target customers can visit your website. And it provides a guess to the users where they can visit.
CTA (call to action)
It is a digital marketing term, you can use this when you want immediate response from your customers.
CVR (conversion rate)
You can know the rate of how many you get clicks and how many your app is installed by the users.
CTR (click-through rate)
You can know how many impressions you get from clicks.
How many users watch your Google ads, you can know from the impression of metric.
How To Set Up A Google Ads Account Properly?
For running a Google ad you need to have a business website and email account. If you have a Google account then sign in to Google ads. Then visit the website what type of campaign you want to run. Google asks you for verifying your account. And finally, plan for launching your Google ad for your business.
Need some tips?
- While finding your audiences, focus on your location, language, and occupation.
- Focus on your goal, don’t break the track
- Collect huge data because that helps you to bring the success
- While working for keywords, do brainstorming and pay attention to your competitor’s keyword terms
- Never overused negative keywords
- Don’t forget to add CTA (Call to action)
- Use Google ads optimization
After setting up your Google ad account, maybe you are thinking about how I audit my Google ad account, right? Don’t worry, we have a complete solution for you. Read our other in-depth article about the best techniques to audit your Google ads account.
How do you measure the success of a Google Adwords campaign?
Let’s divide the AdWords metrics into three ways. Hope that will be the easiest for you to understand.
First learn, how to measure Traffic Based Metric
Traffic-based metric informs you how many users visit your website including how much your website traffic has declined.
Click – Through- Rate (CTR)
What is the click-through rate?
Click-through rate is a metric that helps you to know who clicks on your ads that arrive on the page. That means it measures engagement.
How to calculate CTR?
The number of clicks emails collected is divided by the number of emails you have sent.
Click rate = (email received or collected / email sent) X 100
What is a good click-through rate?
By using CTR you can understand the rate of your ad. But there is no specific clue that can ensure which is the good rate. Approximately, for search ads, the average CTR is 3.17% and for display ads, the average rate is 0.46%. And the surprising news is all the marketers considered the average rate of 6.64% for search and for display ads 0.57%.
How to improve the Click through rate?
- On your special headline add your special stock
- Careful about choosing your keywords and attaching those on your display URL
- Write a good ad copy and add call-to-action
- Focus on your goals and target audience
- Apply ad extensions to get extra advantages
What is a quality score?
The quality score is a metric that measures the applicable keywords and PPC ads. It helps to improve the campaign based on the previous ad data.
How to calculate quality scores?
To measure the quality score, you have to rely on three facts:
- Landing page experience
- Ad relevance
- Expected CTR
The formula is as follows: Landing page Experience Weight + Ad Relevance Weight + CTR Weight
Suppose, your landing page experience weight is 1. 65, CTR is 1.65, and ad relevance is 3.
So the quality score is= 1.65 + 1.65 + 3
What is a Good Quality Score?
A good quality score depends on the keywords that are used for your brand. And the score is considered good when you attain above 3 or more scores than your competitors. Also, a well-quality score is counted from 7-9 for high-intent keywords.
How to improve the Quality Score?
- Make relevant content
- Develop your landing page experience
- Work to increase the loading speed of your landing page
- Make you why and who are the readers of your content
- Design your webpage according to the requirement of your audiences
What is Click in Google Ads?
When you run a paid ad and how many responses you attain from your ad, all are counted as clicks.
How to calculate clicks?
Clicks are calculated as how many clicks you get divided by how many times your ad has appeared.
That means clicks ÷ impressions.
What is a Good click?
On Google ads, a good click is 6-7% so clicks increase your website traffic, impact your sales and target your potential customers.
How to improve the Click?
- For display, ad show your creativity
- Keep in your mind your audience is the main priority so focus on them
- Mention your specialty to your audiences
- Don’t forget to use Sitelink Extensions
Now you can know about Conversion Based Metrics.
Conversion-based metrics are important that help you to increase customers and subscribers. By analyzing the conversions you can know how many new viewers come to your website and how to improve it by following different steps.
What is the Conversion Rate?
When the users complete your expected action that is called the conversion rate.
How to calculate the Conversion Rate?
The formula is simple to calculate the conversion rate.
Conversion rate = The number of conversions ÷ Total number of visitors
If you get 1000 visitors and get 50 customer orders, then your conversion rate is 0.05.
What is a Good Conversion Rate?
If you attain above 10% conversions in your ad, then you have a good conversion rate. However higher conversion rate means the audiences like your services and want to take them.
How to improve the Conversion Rate?
- Track how users connect with your site
- Test the offer that you run for your ad and also do A / B testing
- Minimize your form
- Don’t forget to add the live chat
Cost Per Conversion
What is the Cost Per Conversion?
Cost per conversion informs you how many customers you acquire that you invested for. You can figure out how efficiently your ad campaigns are doing.
How to calculate Cost Per Conversion?
For knowing the cost per conversion you need to calculate how much money you invest in your ad campaign, divided by how many conversions you have attained for your campaign.
So the formula is,
Cost per conversion = Total cost of ads ÷ numbers of conversions
What is a Good Cost Per Conversion
There is no exact solution, so it depends on your ad campaign. WordStream mentions average conversion cost is $4.896 for search and $ 75.51 for display.
How to improve the cost per conversion
- Revise high-converting keywords
- Use negative keywords
- Select a suitable time to show your ads
- Of Course, develop your landing pages
Finally, learn Return on Investment Based metrics
Return on investment-based metrics are used for knowing the performance that has been invested. You can understand you gain profit through your ROI.
What is AdWords ROI?
ROI is the ratio of the profit that you spent. You can understand the impact of your campaign.
How to calculate AdWords ROI?
The formula is: ROI = ( Revenue – Costs) / Costs
That means the values you have earned in your campaign – actual cost and divide the results by the actual cost.
What is a good AdWords ROI?
A good return on investment is considered anything above 400%. However, your results rely on your business size.
How to Improve the ROI?
- Decide first how much return you want to get from the campaign
- Try to reduce your investment
- Rethink your investment
What is Call Tracking?
Call tracking means you can track your customers when they call you by watching your ads. It helps you to understand the customer’s mind and delivers the marketing ascription that is necessary to think and rearrange your advertising.
How to track Google Ads call tracking?
There are three ways to track the calls-
1. You have to create a Google Ads account
2. Select which one you want to prefer ( call asset, call ad,)
3. Need call reporting enabled
What is good call tracking?
With its help of it, you can understand how well your keywords are working, and you can boost your campaign as well. Also, you can get more clicks to your website and It allows target cost-per-action (CPA) and target return on ad spend (ROAS).
How to improve Call Tracking?
- Use call-tracking software apps
- CallTrackerFX, FluentStream, and HubSpot are the most useful call-tracking software apps.
All the metrics that I have covered are the most important to boost the performance of your business. But if your campaigns aren’t working and bringing an ROI then you should hire the Best Google Ads Service Provider company in Bangladesh. You can rely on digiSocial to know how to evaluate the success of a google ad campaign because it offers brief advertising copy, product listings, and video content within the Google ad network to web users.