Are you trying to build your brand on social media but getting no luck? Have you checked if you are lagging behind for the lack of a defined social media strategy? Because, getting your brand established on social media without a well defined strategy can be totally counterproductive.
In this era of social media battle within organizations, companies, and brands, it is a must to ensure that your content is pretty much relevant to your audience’s interests, goals, and pain points. And it can only be ensured with a well-planned social media content strategy.
In this article, you will get to know why social media content strategy is a key tool to achieving your business goals and the tips & tricks of curating an effective content strategy for your social media presence in Bangladesh.
What is a Social Media Content Strategy?
If put simply, a social media strategy is all about outlining your social media goals, the tactics you need to use to achieve them, and the metrics you have to track to measure your progress.
But this is just the basic idea. You do not need to have any complicated strategies. You just need to have a solid & strategic plan in place.
A well thought out strategy can really ensure to set attainable goals, identify your audience, and distribute your content effectively with the correct posting schedule. Make sure to use your content strategy as a way to tell a consistent story about your brand.
Reasons Why You Need Social Media Content Strategy in Bangladesh
A great content strategy can shape up the tone, subject matter, and purpose for your brand in Bangladesh. To take a look into the matter in depth, we are here with some good reasons for your need for a social media content strategy.
- A Good Content Strategy Helps You Build a Strong & Organic Presence
The first reason for having a social media strategy is to build a strong and organic social media presence online.
You can plan out your posts, get them scheduled and publish. And thus, you can maintain consistency which will eventually help you grow.
- It Will Save Your Time
To get everything together, you can create a content calendar and sort out and schedule your posts for the next week or month. This is the reason you will need a solid content strategy which will eventually save your time for posting each day and you can use that time on other important tasks on your hand.
- Your Business Goals Will Be Covered
A social media strategy in place can ensure that your social media efforts are getting fruitful and working to make up your broader business goals.
Putting a strategy in place will help you outline your business goals, and to work accordingly with your posts which can reinforce the goal.
- You Can Do Effective Audience Targeting
Wondering how is it possible? Well, part of your social media strategy can include plugging in some audience engagement elements (for example: Polls) into your updates to better handle your audience’s pain points, and figuring out the values to solve them. Thus, you can target your audiences more effectively.
- You Need A Good Strategy for Making Engaging Contents
Whenever you opt for creating a social media strategy, you need to carefully consider another reason for making engaging content.
A good strategy that is aligned with your business goals will facilitate creating content that can serve your target audiences and enable you to be creative.
- You Can Measure Results Quickly
An integral part of social media strategy is to create social media reporting. And it is a huge pain point for many marketers. Regular reporting can make sure if you are heading on with your business goals effectively. And with a good social media strategy in place, you can define your most important metrics that can indicate if your strategy is paying off.
A good social media content strategy can also make you understand the ROI of your content efforts with consistent objectives or measurement strategies in place.
- You Can Stay Ahead of the Competition
An effective social media strategy will help you stay ahead of the competition. If you plan ahead your daily posts, you can concentrate on analyzing early what is working, start curating your brand story and voice and provide unique value to your audience.
How Can You Create A Social Media Strategy?
Now that you know the reasons for creating a good social media strategy, generally the question comes to your mind: how can you create the strategy? For your understanding, we will give a brief overview of the steps for creating a social media content strategy.
1. Setting S.M.A.R.T. Goals for Your Content
Setting goals for your business is all about having a success determinant that allows you to identify your social strategy’s ROI. And S.M.A.R.T. goals can work like magic in this case as it stands for –
- Specific (Goals are clear and specific and gives a solid focus on what needs to be achieved)
- Measurable (You become able to measure the progress of goals when you achieve them)
- Attainable (Realistic and challenging goals to motivate you)
- Relevant (Goals are relevant to your wider business objectives)
- Time-bound (A timeframe is set for goals to be measured against for maintaining focus)
When you have clearly defined goals, you can align every piece of content with every post that you publish.
2. Knowing the Profile of Your Audience & Posting Schedule
Knowing your audience’s profile helps you curate your content to talk directly to these people.
When you get to know the audience profile, you can identify the times when your audience becomes the most active on each channel. You can gain these insights from your main social media channels.
3. Choosing the Right Social Platform(s)
At the time of creating your social media strategy, you need to understand that you should only choose the best social platforms that go with your brand or business.
It is recommended choosing a couple of the existing social media platforms and executing a really solid strategy through them.
For driving better results for your social media strategy, you can take a look at the following as a general rule of thumb:
Facebook is considered effective for both B2B and B2C businesses. It can support different content formats and has great ad targeting options. However, you should not include Facebook as the only core channel for your business.
Twitter has a fast-moving nature and it is used for basically being a perfect customer service platform for businesses that deal with high volumes of support and service queries.
LinkedIn is a perfect channel for B2B service businesses. It is the place to position individuals and companies as experts with a thought leadership and editorial content strategy.
Pinterest is suitable for eCommerce retailers and owners of businesses that can be promoted visually.
YouTube requires you to consistently publish engaging video content on the platform. Opt for this channel only if you are all set up to maintain this.
Instagram is often the first or second-choice platform for the B2C businesses. It can allow you to publish photos and images to easily engage with your audience.
Recommended reading: Ultimate Guide to Social Media Platform Selection in Bangladesh
4. Planning Social Content and Formats
Once you are done choosing the main social platforms, you need to plan your content accordingly with the formats that you are going to create.
As a good starting point, you can maintain a balance of different formats to ensure your key messages are delivered effectively. Some of the most recommended formats include:
And keep in mind, do not just rely on a single content format if you truly want to make a difference!
5. Maintaining a Content Calendar
Besides starting to plan the format of your content, it is important to set up a content calendar as well that your team can use for organizational purposes.
You can set the publishing schedule, map it out on a content calendar and publish your contents accordingly. This will make your efforts focused and on track. You can also mention the time and the day of the week in your calendar when you figure out the optimal posting time.
Learn more here: A Definitive Guide on Social Media Content Calendar
6. Analyzing & Measuring Your Content’s Performance
After you are done with all of the previous steps, you need to track & audit your content’s performance against S.M.A.R.T. goals. And how you track this actually depends upon the goals that you set.
Take a look at some general social media metrics that you can use to track your performance:
- Reach: It’s an estimate of the number of people who see your content at least once during a specific time period.
- Click-through rate (CTR): This is the percentage of people who click on any of your content, social media profile, or links.
- Engagement rate: This measures the total number of interactions (e.g., likes, comments, and shares) divided by the total number of followers on your account.
- Hashtag performance: If you are planning to use hashtags for your content or for any social media marketing campaigns, you can take a look at your most-used hashtags or at posts with the hashtags that are associated with the highest reach and engagement rates. Thus, you can monitor the hashtag performance as well.
Alternatively, you can use different social media tools like Hootsuite, Buffer, etc. that are available for effectively measuring your content’s performance and success rates.
Recommended reading for you: How to Manage and Monitor Social Media Marketing Campaigns.
What Are The Main Elements of a Content Strategy?
A content strategy typically includes several key elements that work together to guide the creation, publication, and management of content. Here are some of them:
- Goals and Objectives: This defines what the content strategy is trying to achieve and what specific goals the content should support.
- Target Audience: This identifies who the content is intended for, including demographic, psychographic, and behavioral characteristics.
- Content Types and Formats: This outlines the types of content to be created, such as blog posts, videos, podcasts, social media posts, and the formats in which they will be published.
- Content Creation and Publishing Process: This defines the process for creating and publishing content, including workflows, schedules, and editorial calendars.
- Content Distribution Channels: This identifies the platforms and channels where the content will be published and distributed to reach the target audience, such as social media, email, or search engines.
What are the Benefits of A Social Media Content Strategy?
Now that you know the reasons for having a good social media content strategy along with the ways to make it, take a look at some of the benefits you can enjoy that are related with your content strategy.
You can effectively align your social media goals with your business goals.
You will be able to clearly identify who your target audience or consumers are.
A good social media content strategy can make you build and maintain your brand’s voice in a consistent way.
You will be able to get a clear insight into what your competitors are doing through effective competitor analysis.
You can maintain your organization with maximum efficiency.
So the power of putting together a solid social content strategy is a must for the businesses in Bangladesh now. Being your roadmap to success, this strategy should be clearly planned and communicated across your team and key stakeholders.
Just make sure to follow a clear process, align that with your goals & checkpoints, and maintain a consistent approach to publishing some great contents for your business.